Monday, August 10, 2009

Depression: Detoxification Outweighs Drugs

Depression: Detoxification Outweighs Drugs

I had a hefty response to my very fist post on this blog, with some of the responders asking how to get off of anti depressants.

So, I give you this article.

There was a lot of things mentioned in this article, and I want to give feedback on my personal experience with some:

Mercury: I had some big allergic reactions as a preteen to mercury and subsequently got some of my fillings replaced. After that, I lost some weight, slept much better, had more energy and was a happier kid. Mercury is a huge toxin that needs to be avoided!

Aluminum: I reduced and have no eliminated my aluminum exposure after I heard rumblings of aluminum being connected to Alzheimer's (Which my Grandma had for years and years) as a teen. This heavy metal, along with mercury, is very damaging. Both cross the blood/brain barrier. Again, avoid it!

Candida (yeast) overgrowth: holy cow, this is a pervasive problem in our country, something like 80% of the population has an overgrowth leading to many varied symptoms. I have personal experience in balancing my yeast levels that I could write a whole blog post about, but long story short, balancing your yeast will make a WORLD of difference. And it can be easy!

Tryptophan: love this supplement. When my husband began taking it during his illness, all of the sudden he could sleep all through the night and took the edge off of his mood swings. BIG fan of tryptofan! Eat your nuts!!!

Depression: Detoxification Outweighs Drugs

2 comments:

  1. Nuts have Tryptophan in it?? So will eating nuts always make you tired?

    ReplyDelete
  2. tryptophan regulates you, it doesn't necessarily make you tired - just helps you get a more restful, consistent sleep when it is time to sleep. L-tryptophan (in turkey) does make you tired.

    ReplyDelete